Outdoor living at its finest.
1. A covered platform deck offers protection from the elements.
2. This small backyard keeps things cozy with a concrete fire pit and bistro lights.
3. Outdoor furniture can be expensive — built-in seating is a cheaper alternative.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from BuzzBuzzNews sent to your inbox
4. Swing away the afternoon in a hanging rattan chair, softened up with sheepskin throws and plenty of pillows.
5. Acapulco chairs pair well with the dry landscaping in this California backyard.
6. The wood slats of this privacy screen allow the homeowner to hang potted plants.
7. An oversized sectional ensures there is seating for everyone when guests come over.
8. An outdoor fireplace extends your patio season well into the fall.
9. Stone pavers visually separate the dining and lounge zones in this urban backyard.
10. A space-efficient backyard bar with a pergola brings the party outside.
11. Artificial grass is a great low-maintenance option for families with kids.
12. A dark, moody color palette contrasts beautifully against a lush backdrop.
13. This kids’ playhouse is nicer than most people’s real homes.
14. A shade sail is a must-have for outdoor dining spaces.
15. Those who live in drought-prone areas or condominiums will appreciate the look of this faux-bonfire.
16. A stock tank pool is wallet-friendly *and* well-suited for small backyards.
17. And finally, this lively backyard features both indoor and outdoor spaces for all-weather enjoyment.